client for life, crown point homes, dyer homes, free home search app, happy indiana clients, Highland Home, Keller Williams, Keller Williams in Schererville Indiana, kim odegard team, ko team, northwest indiana homes, northwest indiana real estate, NWI Keller Williams, Saint John Homes, schererville homes, The Hottest Home Design Trends Expected in 2017
By the end of any year, interior designers are already buzzing about which trends will be the most in-demand in the coming year. From coveted colors to architectural features, homeowners on the cutting edge begin to favor new styles as the seasons change. If your home is for sale, finding ways to incorporate the latest design trends may help you catch buyers’ attention and distinguish your property from the competition.
As 2017 begins, here are a few home design trends that industry experts believe will dominate this year:
- Marble. Many top designers agree that marble is surging in popularity. Its appeal is amplified when paired with wood and metal, making it an excellent choice for kitchen and bathroom countertops. However, marble tends to be expensive and difficult to maintain. Fortunately, quartz and faux marble are gaining acceptance among high-end homeowners. These materials can create the luxurious appearance of real marble but are less costly and require less maintenance. If you are remodeling a kitchen or bathroom to improve your home’s appeal, consider alternative materials that look like marble—at a more affordable price.
- Bold and bright colors. Each year, Pantone—an internationally respected authority on color in the design industry—announces a “color of the year” that is bound to be popular in a variety of applications, ranging from fashion to home decor. Although the official color of 2017 has not yet been announced, Pantone recently released a list of contenders. While 2016’s colors—Rose Quartz and Serenity—were soft, calming pastels, the Pantone experts anticipate that 2017 will be the year of bold and bright hues inspired by nature. For instance, some of the selections that have caught designers’ attention include an earthy green called Kale, a vibrant coral shade called Flame, and a bright but tranquil aqua called Island Paradise. If you are selling your home, it is not necessary to repaint entire rooms in order to feature these colors; consider using accent pieces, such as blankets or small pieces of furniture, that incorporate them.
- Metals with warm-colored finishes. In past years, brushed metals with an industrial vibe have been the leading choice for fixtures. However, designers are reporting that homeowners are beginning to favor metals with rich finishes, such as rose gold and brass. These hues add a sense of charm and elegance to any space, and the popular look can easily be achieved by spray painting fixtures if you do not want to replace them.
- Subway tiles. Although the trend of using subway tiles as backsplashes in kitchens and bathrooms is not new for 2017, its consistent popularity in recent years has led designers to believe that it will maintain its appeal this year. In addition to being affordable, subway tiles offer the benefit of a creating a clean and versatile palette for a variety of styles and finishes.
- Smart features. Over the years, technology has seeped into every aspect of daily life, including the home. In 2017, high-tech features ranging from built-in device charging docks and programmable thermostats to full automation systems will become increasingly commonplace. As a growing number of home buyers hail from the tech-savvy Millennial generation, the “smart” home trend is expected to skyrocket.
Are you thinking of Selling your home or Buying a Home? You will want to grab our FREE Winter 2017 editions (NO email needed to download). We are here if or when you have any questions. Call us at 219-671-1111.
Instant access: ~ Things to Consider When Selling or Buying A Home.